the years, Byron Wear has been active in community and charitable causes.
• Chaired, Peninsula Community Planning Board Update Committee,
1981-1986 and worked to save Dana Junior High School from demolition
• Member, Peninsula YMCA Support Campaign, 1981
• Co-Chair, Peninsula/Ryan Family YMCA $6 Million Capital Campaign, 2003-present
• Member, City of San Diego Park and Recreation Board – Coastal Area
• Chaired, Mission District, San Diego Imperial Council, Boy Scouts of
• Member, Eagle Scout Alumni Association
• Elder, Point Loma Community Presbyterian Church
• Board Member, San Diego Junior Lifeguard Foundation, 2010- present
• Project Manager, San Diego Lifeguard History
Wear Community Fund – District 2 of the San Diego Foundation with his
wife, Bridget, which has provided financial support for numerous San Diego
Community Service Awards, 2013, Ocean Beach Town Council and Ocean Beach Main Street
• Project Manager, San Diego Lifeguard Bronze and Memorial, Ocean Beach
Volunteer, Ocean Beach CDC Saratoga Park Committee
• Co-Chair, Community Day of Service
Married, 25 years to Bridget Cantu Wear, Imperial Valley native.
Two sons, Conrad, 23, Eagle Scout, graduate of the University
of California, Berkeley and Campbell, 20, pitcher on the University of California Santa Barbara Baseball Team.